Mrs. America: Cate Blanchett and the super cast of the FX series
FX has announced the cast that will join the academy Award winner Cate Blanchett in the limited series Mrs. America, consisting of nine episodes aired the next year.
Sarah Paulson (American Horror Story, Glass), James Marsden (X-Men, Westworld), Uzo Aduba (Orange is the new Black) are among the 11 new additions to the prestige to the parterre of star that will tell the story of the movement that wanted to ratify the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA) – a proposed amendment to the Constitution of the United States, which sought to guarantee equal rights to its citizens, without distinction of sex – and the unexpected reaction of the conservative Phyllis Schlafly (Blanchett).
Mrs. America will then one of the battles most passionate of the years ’70 for the rights egalitarian, that has forever changed american politics.
Here are all the announced actors with their respective roles:
* Paulson will be Alice, the best friend, the fictitious Phyllis that comes with it to block the WAS
* Marsden will be Phil Crane, a member of Congress, keeper of the home state of Phyllis, the state of Illinois, as well as one of his strongest allies
* Aduba will be Shirley Chisholm, the first woman in Congress-african-american history, as well as the first to apply for the position of chairman of a party political campaign in 1972
* John Slattery (Mad Men) will be Fred Schlafly, the husband of anti-communist Phyllis, a former successful lawyer and donor to the Republican Party
* Rose Byrne (Damages) will be Gloria Steinem, the most famous leader of the women's movement, co-founder of the magazine Ms. and significant in passing the ERA
* Margo Martindale (The Americans) will be Bella Abzug, the women of the Congress, who commanded the sfozi to pass the ERA
* Ari Graynor ("I'm Dying Up Here) will be Brenda Feigen-Fasteau, a lawyer at Harvard university and the young feminist, co-founder of Ms. with Steinem
* Melanie Lynskey (Castle Rock) will be Rosemary Thomson, a homemaker, of the circle of Schlafley who eagerly participated in the movement against the ERA
* Tracey Ullman (The Tracey Ullman Show) will be Betty Friedan, the Mother of the women's movement. A staunch supporter of the ERA, wrote The Feminine Mystique and was the co-founder of the National Women's Political Caucus.
* Jeanne Tripplehorn (Criminal Minds) will be Eleanor Schlafly, the sister of Fred and confidant of Phyllis, as well as an aunt affectionate towards their six children
* Kayli Carter (Godless) will be Pamela, a young and impressionable housewife (dummy) between the first supporters and participants in the movement anti-WAS Phyllis
Mrs. America: Cate Blanchett and the super cast of the FX series is MangaForever.net