Xiaomi Black Shark 3S is official in China: it was widely expected, after the many advances of the past few days, it is the work of the company itself. The device joins to the vast array of smartphone gaming out of a period of time rather concentrate to mention the ASUS ROG Phone 3, the Lenovo Legion Phone Duel and the Nubia Red Magic, 5S.
As we have seen for Nubia, we can define the Black Shark 3S a minor upgrade of the model that we saw at the beginning of the year: the SoC remains the same – a Snapdragon 865 without Plus. The news focuses primarily on the display, the refresh rate rises from the previous 90 Hz to 120. There are also a new version of the operating system, the JoyUI 12.0, which leads on the dish, some of the new features (but are always based on the Android 10), and some devices, ancillary and unpublished. Note that it was announced a refresh of the Black Shark 3 Pro.
- display: AMOLED 6,67″ FHD+, 20:9, refresh rate 120Hz, HDR10+, frequency touch sensor 270 Hz, a lag of 17 ms
- SoC: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865
- RAM: 12GB LPDDR5
- internal: 128/256/512GB UFS 3.1
- connectivity: 5G SA/NSA, Dual nano SIM Card, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.0, AGPS, GLONASS, BEIDOU,Galileo, QZSS
- front camera: 20MP f/2.2
triple camera rear:
- Main: 64MP f/1.8
- Wide-angle 120°: 13MP f/2.2
- Depth: 5MP f/2.2
- 4.720 mAh with charging 65W (50% in 12 minutes, 100% in 38 minutes), Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+
- battery, divided in the middle, in the middle is integrated with the motherboard, charging port secondary magnetic
The JoyUI 12.0, always based on Android 10, brings a number of new updates and features the all-new features that enhance the experience of gaming with the device. Among the most significant include:
- Screen casting to TV and other large displays via wireless with a delay of just 40 ms.
- Screen Pressure 4.0: increased accuracy and responsiveness in the gesture 3D touch.
- Voice Control 2.0: control of smartphone settings in-game through voice commands
- Game Barrage: adjustment of the notifications while you play
- Game Macro: recording and executing of command sequences
- Hunting Mode: the increment of contrast with vegetation and soil background
- Black Shark Moment 3.0: recording and editing of their games.
In all there are three, and they focus mainly on the input. One of these, for example, is a structure that makes the buttons on the back physical instead of touch; we then have a classic controller, the third generation of Black Shark Gamepad, and the “gloves for the thumb” that help to optimize the sliding of the fingers on the touch screen without any loss of sensitivity or accuracy.
Black Shark 3S you will be able to purchase in China starting from August 4 in two colours: Skyfall, Black and Crystal Blue. The prices are the following:
- 12 + 128 GB: 3.999 renminbi, amounting to 484€
- 12 + 256 GB: 4.299 renminbi, amounting to 520€
- 12 + 512 GB: 4.799 renminbi, amounting to 581€
We have no idea of the availability in Italy, but it is worthwhile to observe that for the Black Shark 3 and 3 Pro it took several months.