Apple releases macOS Catalina 10.15.4 with the sharing of folders on iCloud Drive, lyrics synchronized with Apple’s Music and more
After the launch of iOS 13.4 and watchOS 6.2, Apple has released macOS Catalina 10.15.4. This update includes several improvements and bug fixes throughout the system, in addition to folder sharing, iCloud Drive, lyrics synchronized with Apple’s Music and more.
The Music app on macOS Catalina 10.15.4 now offers the same function for the texts in sync with the time that has arrived on the iPhone, iPad and Mac last year. This function allows you to follow a song in real-time. In earlier versions of macOS, we could access the plain-text, but this function is synchronized to port things to the next level.
The update also allows users to share folders on the iCloud Drive, something that was previously available in earlier beta versions of macOS Catalina and iOS 13, but Apple has removed it from the final version for some unknown reason.
Users can update to the latest version through System Preferences on a Mac. See the complete release notes for macOS Catalina 10.15.4 below:
macOS Catalina 10.15.4 introduces folder sharing, iCloud Drive, the limits of communication of Time-of-Use, view with synchronized lyrics on the Apple Music and much more. The update also improves the stability, reliability and security of your Mac.
• Sharing folders on iCloud Drive from the Finder.
• Controls to restrict access only to users you invite explicitly, or grant access to anyone with the link to the folder.
• Permissions to choose who can make changes and upload the files and who can only view and download files.
• Limits communication to control who can communicate with your children and who may be contacted during the day and in the pause of use.
• Controls playback of the video clip to your children.
• View with synchronized lyrics on Apple’s Music, including the ability to navigate to your favorite part of the song by clicking on a line in the text view.
• Option to import passwords to Chrome in the keychain iCloud to automatically fill in the password in a simple way on Safari and on all devices.
• Checks for duplicate a panel and close all panels to the right of the current one.
• Support for the reproduction of the HDR content from Netflix on computer compatible.
App Store with Apple Arcade
• Support for “single Purchase”, which allows you to use a individual purchases for an app that is compatible on the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac and Apple TV.
• The Arcade games that you have recently opened appear in the panel Arcade for continue to use on the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac and Apple TV.
Pro Display XDR
• How to refer custom that you can adapt to the specific needs of the workflows by selecting between the various options for color gamut, white point, luminance, and transfer function.
• Preferences for the pointer to the head, which allows you to move a cursor on the screen according to the precise movements of your head.
The update also includes the following improvements and fixes:
• Output HDR (High Dynamic Range) for the monitor and TV-compatible third-party HDR10 connected with DisplayPort or HDMI.
• Support for OAuth authentication with account Outlook.com for a greater safety.
• Support for migration CalDav, during the update of the reminder of iCloud to a secondary device.
• Fixed an issue where the text you copied from one app to the other, it could not be visible with the dark mode enabled.
• Fixed a problem with Safari for which the mosaic CAPTCHA sometimes not being displayed correctly.
• Fixed an issue where Reminders could not send notifications for reminders that are not completed.
• Fixed a problem of screen brightness that occurs when the output from the stop with the monitor LG UltraFine 5K.
Some of the features may not be available in all areas or on all Apple devices. For more information about the update, go to the website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT210642
For detailed information on the security content of this update, go to the website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
macOS Catalina 10.15.4 may be one of the last updates of the operating system macOS Catalina given that Apple has shifted its focus on macOS 10.16, which will be released by the end of the year.