NVIDIA has always been shown to focus a lot on their Shield TV and, in confirmation of this, continues to update it in a fast and constant in the course of time. In these hours has begun the release of a new update that, in addition to standard bug fixes, adds support to the Xbox Elite Controller 2 – recently arrived on the older models – even for the year 2019 of the TV Box, Android home black-green.
This is the update that port on the devices launched more recently to the version 8.1.1 of the interface Shield Experience with all of the improvements that result from them. In addition to the support for the Xbox controller mentioned just above, with the new software, NVIDIA adds compatibility with the USB DAC Sanscrit and update the app Channels DVR that lets you save data and contents on the NAS. Not only that, but they have been resolved the connection issues with the remote controls Bluetooth WeChip G30 and with the remote control by ir of the speaker, the Logitech Z906.
There are, as you said, the resolution of a very long list of bugs relating to various aspects of the platform. In the official changelog, which you can see in full at the link in the SOURCE, there are traces of improvements related to the playback of content HDR10+ and Dolby Vision, the management of audio streams and wireless networks, and much more. Below we summarize the most important points.
- Resolves problems in the recognition of the TV, with support for Dolby Vision, which also support HDR10+
- Fixes issues with the brightness on the TV that support Dolby Vision and HDR10+
- Resolves issues with playback of the video stream when switching from HDR to SDR
- Solves problems of recognition, support Dolby Vision when the Shield is connected to some soundbar LG or Samsung
- Fixes the bug that recognize some audio streams such as Dolby Atmos, even if not
- Solves the problem of the popping that you create with some headphones when playing a Dolby audio
- Solve the problem that does not apply the changes when you manually select the audio format
The update is on the way of distribution: if they have not received it can be useful to do a manual search for any update by accessing the Settings menu.