Serif has released updates for its popular app, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer and Affinity Publisher for Mac iPad. All three come to version 1.8.
The update of the Affinity Publisher includes support for IDML import files Adobe InDesign. There is also the pre-control, which will show the instances in real time for potential errors, such as the low resolution of the image, problems with spelling, images and missing fonts, and much more.
One of the key features of Affinity Photo and Designer is the support for the smart objects in the import of the PSD, which retains the full resolution and the levels inside of any object. Below you can find all the novelties in the new version 1.8 divided by app.
Affinity Publisher 1.8
- Support of the models – save documents as a template file to reuse it multiple times, share templates on all the app and even access files on multiple devices through the cloud storage
- Merge documents –merge multiple documents into a single file and uses the functions of mapping of text styles, index union and control of the master page, both for entire documents and for page ranges to import
- Import Excel file (xlsx) to instantly bring data tables from spreadsheets.
- Many other improvements and fixes, including export to PDF up to five times faster than before.
Affinity Publisher is available to download on the Mac App Store at the price of 54,99€.
Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer 1.8
- Affinity Designer adds a new panel in Stock, fast access to the images free from royalties through the brand-new panel, the Stock of the app
- Affinity Photo and Designer on the iPad have the ability to customize the shortcut keys using a keyboard for the iPad
- Affinity Photo now has full compatibility with the latest plug-in the Nik Collection, as a result of a collaboration between the developers and the Affinity and the owner Nik DxO.
Affinity Photo is available to download on the App Store at a price of 21,99€, the same price that would have to download Affinity Designer.