A new report published by Macotakara has created a bit of confusion with respect to the line of iPhone that Apple will launch in 2020, especially with regard to the iPhone 9 or iPhone IF 2).
According to the blog the japanese, Apple could release an “updated model of the iPhone 8” with Face ID. This device beside the other economic iPhone expected in the spring, but with only Touch ID.
The rear camera of the model with the Face ID should be improved compared to the iPhone 8, with double lens and horizontal layout. To accommodate the sensor TrueDepth, notch “will be of a size intermediate between that of the iPhone XS, and iPhone 11“. Thanks to the elimination of the Home button, the overall size of this iPhone IF with Face ID would be similar to those of the iPhone 8, but with a display of 5.4 inches.
The report of Macotakara, however, it appears confused in different parts. This new device would be an updated version of the iPhone 8 with chip A13 Bionic, but until now all the other rumor had parlavato an iPhone with Touch ID, and design almost identical to the iPhone 8. Difficult Apple can release different models of the iPhone WHETHER 2, one with Face ID and the other with Touch ID. Simply, it would not make sense.
It is more likely that Macotakara has confused the different voices coming from its sources. Even Ming-Chi Kuo said that Apple is working on an iPhone by 5.4 inches with Face ID, but will not be released in the spring and will not be an “iPhone 9”.
So to summarize, the lineup for 2020 of the iPhone should be this:
- iPhone IF 2 (or “iPhone 9“) 4G with the design identical to the iPhone 8, Touch ID, Home button and processor A13 Bionic. Expected in march
- iPhone OLED display 5.4 inch 5G, twin rear camera. Expected in the autumn
- iPhone OLED display 6.1-inch 5G, twin rear camera. Expected in the autumn
- iPhone OLED display 6.1-inch 5G, with triple (or quadruple) rear camera technology and 3D ToF. Expected in the autumn
- iPhone OLED 6.7-inch 5G, with triple (or quadruple) rear camera technology and 3D ToF. Expected in the autumn
What do you think?